Technical and creative writing including:
- Content creation for marketing, blogs, white papers, case studies, social media, and more
- Technical training programs in both face-to-face and online formats
- Market analysis and development
Why be the gorilla in your industry when you can be the elephant!
223 N Guadalupe St 493
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Mobile: (505) 510-1116
paul(-at-)elephanttech (-dot-) com
Highlights of Qualifications
- Expert in the field of test and measurement with over 15 years of management experience
- MBA including a management consulting project group thesis involving SaaS
- Comprehensive understanding of a wide variety of technologies and markets
- Unique combination of leadership, sales, technical, and communication skills
- Proven ability to present highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
Summary of Accomplishments
- Development and delivery of technical training programs
- Application of test and measurement to both innovative and traditional markets (iPhone acoustics, rail car bearing failure prevention through advanced signal processing, etc.)
- Development of US Aerospace and Telecom markets including key account development at Lockheed, Boeing, Honeywell, NASA, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Nokia, Qualcomm, and others
- Management of a geographically diverse technical sales, application engineering, and marketing team in niche technology areas
MBA, Golden Gate University, San Francisco
Market Strategy for Technology Based Companies, Stanford
BSEE, Linear System Controls, University of California, San Diego
2013 – Present, Elephant Tech Consulting (elephanttech.com)
Technical and creative writing
1997 – 2013, Regional Manager, Bruel & Kjaer North America (bksv.com)
Responsible for technical project management, training, marketing, and customer relations in the Western Region’s complex sales environment comprised of direct salespeople, sales representatives, and application engineers in nine US states and Western Canada. Additional responsibilities included North American Aerospace Market Manager tasked with developing aerospace market presence by building on relationships with key aerospace companies.
Accomplishments: Consistently increased market share / revenue while controlling cost of sales. Ten year growth of 16% per year. Five year growth of 43% per year. Leadership through two major reorganizations. Increasing levels of strategic involvement in developing / implementing Aerospace and Telecom account plans.
1994 – 1997, Electrical Engineer, Science and Engineering Associates
Project management and engineering responsibilities including project time and cost tracking, design, implementation, and technical reporting related to instrumentation systems for innovative soil contamination monitoring at Los Alamos and Sandia National Laboratories.
Accomplishments: Implementing instrumentation for complex, long term outdoor monitoring systems. Fulfilling complex government technical and financial project reporting requirements. Researching and writing technical papers and proposals to generate new business.